I believe that the whole country feels like 2016 was quite a mess. We’ve collectively had more downs than ups, not including the result of our presidential election. However, I personally did everything I could to make the most of this year and it honestly was not horrible for me. That being said, there are still improvements to be made in 2017. I’ve also decided that these will not be called “resolutions”, but rather be known as “goals”…because that is what they are. So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2017:
- Run a 5k every month this year. Even if it’s one of the virtual races, I would like to run a timed race every month for a year to watch my progress. My ultimate goal is a 30 minute 5k. My “push it” goal is 35 minute 5k, and my general goal is 38 minutes. Along with this goal, I want to complete 250 miles of running in 2017. I made it to over 100 miles in 2016 and I’d like to kick it up a notch. 🙂
- Get myself down to a healthy weight. I don’t want to obsess over this one or give it too much attention, but I would like to accomplish this for many reasons. The biggest reason is for my overall health, since being overweight is a big factor in my having hypertension. While I think I will probably still deal with high blood pressure the rest of my life (it’s hereditary, actually) I would like to have it well managed by being as healthy and fit as I possibly can be. I want to do what I can to accomplish this and add many more years to my life. Feeling good in my clothes will just be an added bonus.
- Learn to drive a manual transmission car. It’s a skill I have never learned and have always wanted to learn how to do. My dream car for waaaay down the line in the future is a M3 BMW and I would love to be able to drive it with ease. Also, it would be good to know how to drive one since this is now what my husband drives every day and it would be nice to be able to take over for him on any road trip we may take it on.
- Learn to cook 12 new dishes for a Sunday dinner. This one, I plan on doing with my mother. I would like to learn about cooking a new Sunday dinner recipe, complete with desert, once a month with my mom. So, that’s 12 big meals for the year. I want to learn this, because eventually I will take over as our family’s cooking matriarch when my Mom gets older, so I suppose I should start learning now how to feed more than 2 people.
- Make time for some incredible dates with my husband. I’ve seen several of these ideas on Pinterest for pre-planned dates, and I think some of them are great ideas. I would love to go on one really cool/slightly elaborate date every month this year. I’m noticing a trend with the number 12, but it’s a good way for me to make goals. We really need as many good experiences as we can get this coming year and while we are still young.
- Read more books. I wanted so badly to be a better reader in 2016…but I failed miserably and literally only completed 3 books this year. I am almost finished with another one, so I might make it to 4 by the end of the year. However, I want to change this in 2017. I would like to read at least 24 books (that’s 2 per month) by the time December 31, 2017 come around. I feel like books will be a way for me to re-expand my mind…and that’s going to be something I desperately need with what’s coming in the next 4 years.
- Become more organized. I plan on using tools like planners, calendars and numbers softwares that will help me stay on top of everything. I think I’d also like to do more to organize my items at home and in my office at work. I think this will be yet another way to take stress out of my life. I am determined to cut as much stress out of my life as possible.
I am so determined to get through 2017 and make it one of my best years yet…or at least more survivable than 2016. Do you have any goals for 2017? Share with me in the comments!
As always, thanks for stopping by!
With Love, From ETX.